We've fallen in love with puppets around here. There are endless ways to design, construct, and perform with puppets. In this 8 week series, participants will explore puppetry traditions from all over the world. We will study present day and historic ways in which people made and performed with puppets. We will learn all about simple machines by developing puppets with moving parts. Students will have access to our shop full of tools and materials with which to create. This class is a perfect opportunity to build puppets that extend your child's current areas of learning or interests. We will follow the lead of the group to develop scripts and stages for our puppet show masterpieces. The last class will be dedicated to a student performance.
Dates: Tuesdays, Jan. 30th-March 20th. 4-5:30pm.
$150/child 8 week session
$135/additional sibling 8 week session
- This class is for kids age 5-11.
- After school classes are drop-off workshops. There are a variety of coffee shops and a library within walking distance. We have a small sitting area for parents who wish to remain on premises.
- This is an 8 week workshop series. If a student misses a class, no refunds or partial refunds will be given. However, studio time is available on Fridays 3:30-5:30pm. Please call or email ahead.
- Please let us know of any necessary accommodations, allergies, etc. The more we know about your child, the better we can tailor their experience to best fit their needs and interests.
- Please arrive and pick up on time.
- Classes will be staffed with a 1:10 teacher student ratio. If more than 10 children are signed up, an assistant will be added.
- Dress for mess. Closed toed shoes and tied back long hair, please.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver.
- Take appropriate safety precautions when working with tools.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from class if they are harming the experience of others.
- Let's have fun, explore & create!
Registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child. If you need to cancel, you must do so 7 days prior to the workshop or camp in order to receive a C&a credit.
No prior experience necessary.
Read our FAQS + Policies.