Join veteran art teacher, Anna Loring each Wednesday in April and May for a very special homeschool series. Each week, participants will dive deep into a new medium while exploring visual arts concepts, artists and theory. This is a perfect foundational arts program for kids ages 5-11. Makers are welcome to join for the entire series or pick and choose the dates/themes that interest your kiddo(s). All materials included.
April 11th: Drawing. Self-portraits Learn all about famous artists, proportion, anatomy of the face, and observational drawing skills.
April 18th: Painting We'll explore a variety of paint mediums while we explore color theory. Learn the color wheel while mixing paints and exploring combinations to create a unique painting with mood and emotion.
April 25th: Printmaking We will learn all about a variety of printmaking techniques including, monotype, linoleum block printing, styrofoam, and found objects. Students will be able to create a set of prints.
May 2nd: Mixed Media Sculpture We'll take inspiration from Loiuse Nevelson and other assemblage artist to create free standing sculptures using recycled materials. We will focus on form and texture in this super fun workshop.
May 9th: Polymer Clay Sculpture Polymer Clay is an easy to use oven bake clay that is perfect for creating models. In this workshop, we'll focus on learning about human and animal forms. Using proportions and techniques to create realistic sculptures.
May 16th: Collage We'll take all that new fine art knowledge and ally it to the world of collage. Using Dadaist and contemporary artists for inspiration, we'll create unique paper and mixed media collage with a positive social message.
- Workshops are for children ages 5-11. We follow your child's unique skills and interests.
- Let us know of any necessary accommodations, allergies, etc. The more we know about your child, the better we can tailor their experience to best fit their needs and interests.
- Please arrive and pick up on time.
- Classes will be staffed with a 1:10 teacher student ratio. If more than 10 children are signed up, an assistant will be added.
- Camps run 10-2pm.
- Please pack a nut free lunch for your child.
- Dress for mess. Closed toed shoes and tied back long hair, please.
- We may walk to a nearby park after lunch.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver (we assume no liability for injuries).
- Take appropriate safety precautions when working with tools.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from camp if they are harming the experience of others.
- Homeschool days are drop-off programs. We are located close to Downtown Denver with tons of shops and places for grown ups to explore while your children are safe in our care.
- Let's have fun, explore & create!
- Group rates are for siblings only.
Registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child. If you need to cancel, you must do so 7 days prior to the workshop or camp in order to receive a C&a credit.
No prior experience necessary.
Read our FAQS + Policies.