Send your super cool homeschooler to us for five weeks of building exploration!In this homeschool series, we'll explore a variety of building materials, tools, and techniques. We'll flex our creative muscles while we grapple with engineering structures big and small. Ages 8-12. Session 1: Sept.... READ MORE
Send your super cool homeschooler to us for five weeks of building exploration!In this homeschool series, we'll explore a variety of building materials, tools, and techniques. We'll flex our creative muscles while we grapple with engineering structures big and small. Ages 8-12.
Session 1: Sept. 13th-Oct. 11th
Sept. 13th: How did they do that? We will study and explore architecture and building materials from all over the world before we begin a mini-design challenge using natural materials like mud, clay, straw, and sticks.
Sept. 20th: Mini-Masons. The oldest dated structures are all made of stone and even ancient cement. We will develop an understanding of masonry as a building material. We'll build stone walls and mix concrete for pavers.
Sept. 27th: Design Challenge: In the remaining weeks of the session, we will collaborate to design and build a wood + cardboard structure big enough to fit the whole group. We will focus this day on prototyping, practicing safe use of tools, and planning.
Oct. 4th + 11th: Build Days: We will jump right into the construction process an work until our collaborative structure is complete!
5 week session:
- One child: $250
- Two kids: $475
- Three kids: $675
- Please let us know of any necessary accommodations, allergies, etc. The more we know about your child, the better we can taylor their experience to best fit their needs and interests.
- Please arrive and pick up on time.
- Classes will be staffed with a 1:10 teacher student ratio. If more than 10 children are signed up, an assistant will be added.
- Camps run 10-2pm.
- Please pack a nut free lunch for your child.
- Dress for mess. Closed toed shoes and tied back long hair, please.
- We may walk to a nearby park after lunch.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver and complete 2017 camper paperwork (we assume no liability for injuries).
- Take appropriate safety precautions when working with tools.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from camp if they are harming the experience of others.
- Homeschool days are drop-off programs. We are located close to Downtown Denver with tons of shops and places for grown ups to explore while your children are safe in our care.
- Let's have fun, explore & create!
Registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child. If you need to cancel, you must do so 7 days prior to the workshop or camp in order to receive a C&a credit.
No prior experience necessary.
Read our FAQS + Policies.